I'm more of a cook than a baker but I couldn't resist trying out this recipe. It was very easy to make and equally delicious.
I used the recipe found here on Bunnys Warm Oven, and just left out the baking powder and lemon peel. Why? I had neither at the moment I was making this, but I didn't notice anything lacking when I devoured it haha.
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. First preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and put it aside.
3. In another bowl beat the butter and sugar together until it's smooth and fluffy (I used an electric mixer).
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract and slowly blend in the dry ingredients, you put aside earlier.
5. Once everything is throughly mixed put it into a lightly greased cake pan (Oil of your choice).
* Alternatively you can use a skillet. I decided to use a cake pan over a skillet just because with a cake pan you can just pop the sides open to get the cookie out. Much easier than I imagine removing it from a skillet would be.
6. Pat down the mix in the pan so it's even and add the sprinkles on top. You can choose to add the sprinkles last, like I did, or mix it in earlier with everything else. It's up to you!
7. Bake the cookie for roughly 8 - 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. * I didn't keep it in the oven too long, as I wanted it to be super soft and chewy.
8. Take the cookie out the oven and leave it to cool for a few minutes.
9. Cut the cookie and serve! I decided to be super indulgent and add a scoop of ice cream and whipped cream on top. You could even take it a step further and drizzle chocolate syrup on top of everything for an added sugar rush!
- XOXO Lisa